WOMAN SUFFERS SMOKE INHALATION IN COURTLAND
1/8/2018 8:22:49 AM


Authorities with the Norfolk County Fire Department says a woman suffered smoke inhalation after responding to a chimney fire on Main Street in Courtland.

It happened over the weekend when firefighters found smoke coming from a wood stove used to heat the home.

The woman was treated on scene.

Norfolk's fire prevention officer Michael Atkins says the wood stove was later deemed to be unusable until the chimney was cleaned out.

Fire officials are advising homeowners that chimneys must be cleaned each year to avoid a fire.
   

WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI  |  © Copyright 2008-2011 My Broadcasting Corporation

Back to News




 
 
 
 
 

Copyright 2017 NorfolkToday.ca. All rights reserved.

This site powered by PromoSuite Interactive