FAMILY MAY TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE PROVINCE OVER AUGUST GAS LEAK 11/8/2017 7:32:10 AM
Ian and Kim Grant want to make sure what happened to them don't happen to anyone else.
This summer, they were affected by a gas well leak in Silver Hill, with a significant amount of hydrogen sulfide spewing from their property.
Tuesday night, they were at council to hear the report about how much money Norfolk paid responding to the gas leak.
They feel the province is passing the buck on them and the county.
The Grant's now go for yearly inspections to make sure they are healthy because there is no science out there to show what the effects of breathing in high hydrogen sulfide will have on an individual.
Concentrations of this gas more than five parts per million are considered toxic and that Grants were living and working on the property that would peak at 100.
The Grant's tell myFM they are looking at their next steps at how to approach the situation with the province and that they have not ruled out legal action.